“FUEL MOVES EVERYTHING…INCLUDING YOUR CAREER”
Human Resources Manager
Job Location: Marion, IA
The Acterra Group has been around for 65 years providing equipment, manufacturing, consulting and specialized construction services to many industries. Our corporate office is located in Marion, Iowa, however, we maintain offices throughout the Midwest and Colorado, and service a diverse range of clients across the United States. Come work for a reputable company that is easy to work with, has clear expectations, and a fun working environment.
Job Description Summary
The Acterra Group is looking for a Human Resource Manager to lead and direct the routine functions of Human Resources within the Acterra Group. This includes hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits and leave, and collaborating to review, draft, and enforce company policies and practices. The position will work under the direction of Chief Operating and Chief Financial Officers.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resources and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure all company HR policies are applied consistently.
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- Maintain HR systems and processes.
- Provide support and guidance to HR staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Requirements
- BSc/BA in Human Resources, Psychology, Communications, or Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- Society of Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) desirable.
- Leadership skills and management skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive experience.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Work life balance, medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid holidays, 401K, referral bonus and continuous training and education.
We’re committed to providing jobs for all types and sizes, without discrimination based upon race/color religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship