“FUEL MOVES EVERYTHING…INCLUDING YOUR CAREER”
Job Location: Marion, IA
The Acterra Group has been around for 65 years providing equipment, manufacturing, consulting and specialized construction services to many industries. Our corporate office is located in Marion, Iowa, however, we maintain offices throughout the Midwest and Colorado, and service a diverse range of clients across the United States. Come work for a reputable company that is easy to work with, has clear expectations, and a fun working environment.
We are looking for an Accounting Clerk that share our core values, including integrity, honesty, a positive attitude, team player and strong customer focus.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking an Accounting Clerk who will provide accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting team that is willing to take ownership and leadership of processes and procedures. Responsibilities vary depending on the company’s needs, but will include payables, receivables, deposits, timecard processing, expense reports, and manage past due accounts.
- Track mileage
- Process receivables and incoming payments
- Run customer statements
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Processing expense reports
- Checking spreadsheets for accuracy
- Prepare credit card statements for processing
- Code invoices for payment
- Provide financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment status
- Answer phones
- All other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in accounting and/or two or more years of demonstrated accounting experience
- Must have a solid understanding of basic principles of accounting
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience a plus
- Experience with Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills in basic accounts receivables and accounting policy
- Superior organizational, team work and time management skills
- The ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and perform job in a professional manner
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Work life balance, medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid holidays, 401K, referral bonus and continuous training and education.
We’re committed to providing jobs for all types and sizes, without discrimination based upon race/color religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or veteran status. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.